Chair: Claudia Benitez‐Nelson (USA)
Mary (Missy) Feeley (UK)
Vanessa Hatje (Brazil)
Venu Ittekkot (Germany)
Prasanna Kumar (India)
Margareth Kyewalyanga (Tanzania)
Sun Song (China-Beijing)
Jennifer Verduin (Australia)
Hal Batchelder (PICES)
Jim Costopulos (Global Oceans)
Julius Francis (WIOMSA)
Peter Pissierssens/Claudia Delgado (IODE/IOC)
Eric Raes (IIOE-2 Early Career Scientists Network)
Sophie Seeyave (POGO)
Terms of Reference:
- Provide direction for SCOR’s capacity-building activities: participation of scientists from developing countries and countries with economies in transition in SCOR activities (e.g., guidelines for WG proposals), the POGO-SCOR Fellowship Program, travel grants (e.g., guidelines for grants), and provision of reports to libraries in developing countries.
- Guide and assist SCOR Executive Director in development of new capacity-building activities, particularly the Regional Graduate Networks of Oceanography activity.
- Assist SCOR-sponsored projects and working groups in developing and implementing their capacity-building activities.
- Help SCOR arrange funding for existing and new capacity-building activities.
- Assist SCOR in interacting with regional and international groups related to capacity building in ocean sciences, such as the ICSU regional centers, START, IOC regional programs, etc.
Date Formed: June 2007