Chair: Claudia Benitez‐Nelson (USA)
- Sanae Chiba (Canada/PICES)
- Vanessa Hatje (Brazil)
- Ntahondi Nyandwi (Tanzania)
- Rui Seabra (Portugal)
- Paula Sierra (Colombia)
- Jennifer Verduin (Australia)
- Sun Xiaoxia (China-Beijing)
- Rebecca Zitoun (The Netherlands)
Jim Costopulos (Global Oceans)
Julius Francis (WIOMSA)
Peter Pissierssens/Claudia Delgado (IODE/IOC)
Eric Raes (IIOE-2 Early Career Scientists Network)
Sophie Seeyave (POGO)
Terms of Reference:
- Provide direction for SCOR’s capacity-development activities: participation of scientists from developing countries and countries with economies in transition in SCOR activities (e.g., guidelines for WG proposals), the POGO-SCOR Fellowship Program, travel grants (e.g., guidelines for grants), and provision of reports to libraries in developing countries.
- Guide and assist SCOR Executive Director in development of new capacity-development activities, particularly the Regional Graduate Networks of Oceanography activity.
- Assist SCOR-sponsored projects and working groups in developing and implementing their capacity-development activities.
- Help SCOR arrange funding for existing and new capacity-development activities.
- Assist SCOR in interacting with regional and international groups related to capacity development in ocean sciences, such as the ICSU regional centers, START, IOC regional programs, etc.
- Members of the SCOR Committee on Capacity Development will be appointed for three years, with one additional renewal for a total period of service of 6 years.
Date Formed: June 2007
Virtual Conference on Application of Ocean Science and Technology for the Practice of Sustainable “Blue Economy” in Developing Countries