- Alessandro Tagliabue (UK) and Stephanie Dutkiewicz (USA)
- Other Full Members
- Tatiana Ilyina (Germany), Kazuhiro Misumi (Japan), Fanny Monteiro (UK), J. Keith Moore (USA), Yeala Shaked (Israel), Marcello Vichi (South Africa), Christoph Völker (Germany), Mustafa Yücel (Turkey)
- Associate Members
- Olivier Aumont (France), Alex Baker (UK), Philip Boyd (Australia), Fei Chai (China-Beijing), Peter Croot (Ireland), Christel Hassler (Switzerland), Eun Young Kwon (Korea), Jun Nishioka (Japan), Maite Maldonado (Canada), Mark Moore (UK), Andy Ridgwell (USA), Benjamin Twining (USA)
- Bradley Moran
- Terms of Reference
To identify best practices for minimum complexity representations of the iron cycle in models , with options given for more advanced aspects, and publish the guidance in a peer-reviewed paper.
To develop tools for a wide variety of platforms to validate global model results in a standardised way and make these available via a peer-reviewed publication and a website.
To facilitate a focussed intercomparison of iron models to constrain the impact of varying residence times and a consensus dust deposition scheme and publish the results in a peer-reviewed journal.
To review how to represent biological interactions in the iron cycle, the linkages to key phytoplankton species and the interactions with zooplankton and bacteria, as well as broader connections with other biogeochemical cycles and publish the results in a peer-reviewed journal.
- September 2016
- October 2023
- Financial Sponsors
- SCOR, NSF
11 February 2018 in Portland, Oregon, USA
16 February 2020 in San Diego, California, USA
December 2020 (online)
- Huang, Y., Tagliabue, A., and Cassar, N. (2022). Data-Driven Modeling of Dissolved Iron in the Global Ocean. Front. Mar. Sci. 9, 837183. doi: 10.3389/fmars.2022.837183.
Dataset freely available at https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.6385043
- Somes, C. J., Dale, A. W., Wallmann, K., Scholz, F., Yao, W., Oschlies, A., et al. (2021). Constraining Global Marine Iron Sources and Ligand‐Mediated Scavenging Fluxes With GEOTRACES Dissolved Iron Measurements in an Ocean Biogeochemical Model. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 35. doi: 10.1029/2021GB006948.
- Tagliabue, Alessandro, Aumont, Olivier, De Ath, Ros, Dunne, John P, Dutkiewicz, Stephanie, Galbraith, Eric, et al. (2022). Iron model intercomparison project muti model dissolved iron data. doi: 10.5281/ZENODO.5827909.