SCOR is focusing some activities on the Indian Ocean region in the period of 2015-2020, as part of the Second Indian Ocean Experiment. SCOR is co-sponsoring, with the International Oceanographic Commission and the government of India, a symposium in Goa during the week before the annual SCOR meeting (see http://www.IO50.incois.gov.in/).
Materials for Meeting
- Local Transportation
Participants for the Annual Meeting should make their own arrangements for transportation between airport and their hotel. Advance arrangements can be made with the hotel for a pickup at the airport in Goa.
Participants staying at the Prainha Resport are able to walk out the gate of the Prainha, turn left, walk up hill about 30 meters, then turn left into the lower entrance of NIO. Participants staying at other locations should make arrangements for transportation to NIO.
All foreign nationals intending to participate in the SCOR annual meeting will require an Indian VISA to enter India. VISA application forms are available at the office of the Indian Embassy or Consulates in the country of your residence. All participants are advised to apply for aConference VISA only.
For more details please visit www.indianvisaonline.gov.in
In the case of participants from Afghanistan, China, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, foreigners of Pakistani origin and Stateless persons, we have to obtain the necessary permissions form the concerned ministries and send the same to the respective Indian Embassies/High commission in advance to facilitate their visa for travel to India. Hence, participants from aforementioned countries are required to send their information (in the following format) together with a copy of passport to firstname.lastname@example.org (M. Dileep Kumar) with a copy to email@example.com (V. Purnachandra Rao). (with the subject line “VISA related information”) latest by 31 August 2015.
- Father’s/Husband’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality & Passport No.
- Date of Issue
- Place of Issue
- Date of Expiry
All Non-resident Indian’s (NRIs)/Person Of Indian Origin’s (PIOs), including children (who don’t possess Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) or Person Of Indian Origin (PIO) card) need to apply for a VISA in separate VISA forms.
The Prainha Resort and Cottages by the Sea is located adjacent to the National Institute of Oceanography. Participants interested in staying at the Praihna should contact the hotel directly to make their reservations, mentioned “SCOR Annual Meeting” to receive a discounted rate, starting at 5500 Indian rupees (US$88) per night. We have reserved a limited number of rooms at the Prainha, so it will be important to reserve early.
- Goa tourism
- Information about National Institute of Oceanography
- Towards a Global Comparison of Zooplankton Production: Measurement, Methodologies and Applications (ZooProd)
- SEAmount Faunal vulnerabilty to impacts of Ocean Acidification and Mining (SEAFOAM)
- BIOgeochemistry of COral REef systems (BIOCORE)
- Changing Ocean Biological Systems (COBS): how will biota respond to a changing ocean?
- A Functional Trait Perspective on the Biodiversity of Hydrothermal Vent Communities (FDvent)
- Rheology, nano/micro-Fluidics and bioFouling in the Oceans (RheFFO)
- Translation of Optical Measurements into particle Content, Aggregation & Transfer (TOMCAT)
- Global Assessment of Nutrient Export Through Submarine Groundwater Discharge (NExT SGD)
- International Quality Controlled Ocean Database: Subsurface temperature profiles (IQuOD)
- The dynamic ecogeomorphic evolution of mangrove and salt marsh coastlines (DEMASCO)
Background Book for Meeting (to be added November 2015)
Full Book in one pdf file
- Annotated Agenda and Participants List
- Tab 1 – Opening Session
- Tab 2 – Working Group Reports and Proposals
- Tab 3 – Large-Scale Ocean Research Projects
- Tab 4 – Ocean Carbon and Other Activities
- Tab 5 – Capacity-Building Activities
- Tab 6 – Relations with Intergovernmental Organizations
- Tab 7 – Relations with Non-governmental Organizations
- Tab 8 – Organization and Finance
- Tab 9 – SCOR-Related Meetings