For more than a decade, SCOR has supported Ph.D. level ocean scientists from developed and developing countries to teach short courses and provide extended on-site education and mentor-ship at developing country institutions.
We are receiving applications for the 2022 Visiting Scholar program.
Applications will be reviewed by the SCOR Committee on Capacity Building based on the following criteria:
- Quality and relevance of the proposal focusing on knowledge exchange and mentoring
- A detailed working plan for the visit which should be co-developed with the host institution
- Experience of the candidate and fit with the program (language skills, teaching/mentoring experience, subject areas requested by the institution)
- Needs of the host institution and an estimate of how many students and/or early career scientists will benefit from the training
- Plans by the host institution to build upon the training/mentoring received
More information about the call and the application form can be found here.
Deadline for applications: 15 December 2021
Applications should be sent to Patricia Miloslavich to: email@example.com